Care & Maintenance
Below are some simple guides on keeping your worktops in good condition.
Soon as a spill occurs, we advise that you clean the area as soon as possible and do not allow the content to dry onto the surface. We advise you use the products that we show below. Alternative brands may contain chemicals that may damage your surface. Maintaining your worktops clean will strengthen the surface and increase its lifetime.
Dekton requires very little maintenance. Simply wipe your Dekton surface by using a non-abrasive sponge with soap and warm water on a regular basis to maintain its beauty and shine for years to come. In addition, any pH balanced general-purpose cleaner may be used. (e.g. Pot and Pan Soap, Dish Soap, Windex®).
To remove diﬃcult spills, wipe the surface with Pot Pan Soap and scrub with a Scotch Brite pad and rinse with warm water. For stains that harden as they dry, such as food, gum, nail polish, and paint, remove by gently scraping oﬀ of surface (using a blade or putty knife /putty remover), and then clean using warm water and soap. Gray marks left by the razor, can be wiped away with soap and water or glass cooktop cleaner.
For Wine, Coﬀee, Food stains, Fruit juice. Use common alkaline detergents or oxidants such as including Dish soap, Formula 409, Windex, Diluted Bleach and water .
For Wax, Shoe polish, Rubber marks, Dyes, Markers , Inks, Adhesives. The following solvents can be used Lacquer Thinner, Acetone, Rubbing Alcohol , Mineral spirits.
Use Acidic based cleaners including Vinegar and water or other over the counter acidic based cleaners like CLR.
Apply Weiman glass cooktop cleaner or Magic glass cooktop cleaner and wipe clean with a generous amount of water with clean rags. The use of a squeegee may also ease the cleaning process. Caution should be exercised in the handling and storage of any of the above chemicals / products. Manufacturer’s instructions should be exercised when using and storing these products.
Dekton is extremely resistant to large ﬂuctuations in heat and cold. For safety reasons we always recommend placing a trivet or a hot pad directly between your hot pot/ pan and the Dekton surface. This is simply a safety precaution for customer so they are not burned from heat which may transfer from the hot item to the Dekton countertop surface.
Avoid exposing your Dekton surface to strong chemicals and solvents for an extended period of time. Although Dekton is Stain proof to many household cleaners, it is never advised to leave these cleaners on your Dekton surface for an extended period of time. Always avoid contact of your Dekton surface with Hydroﬂuoric acid.
Although Dekton is extremely scratch resistant, we always recommend use of a cutting board for 2 reasons. 1- Knives or metal household utensils will leave grey marks when cutting directly on the Dekton surface. These marks are called “metal transfer” and can be removed with cleaners as noted above; however it is a lot easier to simply cut on a cutting board. 2- Dekton can dull your knives and cooking utensils and it is wise to protect the investment that you have in these items.
Due to their low porosity, Silestone® and ECOLine Colour Series surfaces are highly resistantto household stains. Cosentino recommends youuse Q-Action* to clean its Silestone® and ECOLine Colour Series surfaces. If you don’t havethis product, the best option is to use water andneutral soap. You should then finish off by rinsingthe surface with plenty of water and drying it withkitchen paper or a clean cotton dishtowel.
Apply Q-Action or similar (dishwasher soapy product) onto the stain and rub it with a sponge until it disappears. Repeat the process if necessary. Next, rinse with a generous amount of water and dry the affected area.
Use cleaning vinegar and a damp sponge. If the stain persists, you can use a limescale remover that has been diluted with water. Never leave it on for more than 2 minutes. Repeat the process if necessary. Rinse with plenty of water and dry with paper.
We recommend you remove the stains as soon as they appear. To do so, use a knife held horizontally and CleanColorsil, and scrub with a sponge. If you don’t have any CleanColorsil, you can use a well known brand of silicone remover. Afterwards, rinse with plenty of water and dry.
During the fabrication (miter cutting, laminating, general cleaning of pieces) and the counter top installation (joints, splash backs, etc.) where glues, adhesives and silicones are used, we recommend to clean after wards (maximum 30 minutes after gluing). To do so, use clean cotton cloths or paper. Use Clean Colorsil (Cosentino’s complementary product) as a silicone and adhesive cleaner; Isopropyl Alcohol or Isopropanol(cleaning alcohol) or ethanol may be used instead.
For difficult stains, pour some Q-Action (or a similar product) onto the affected area and leave for 2minutes. Next, scrub with a gentle scouring pad(for glass-top cookers, blue type: no scratch), rinse with plenty of water and dry. If the stain persists, contact the fabricator or studio who supplied you with your Silestone materials.
* Do not apply directly on the stain.
Response to Impacts
One of the most notable features of these surfaces is high impact resistance. However, you should avoid impact to those areas that are less resistant and more sensitive to impact along edges.
Avoid Heat Damage
After using certain kitchen utensils, such as frying pans, pots and other items that give off heat, do not place them directly onto the surface. Instead, you should use a tablemat (a rubber one, if possible) until the utensils have cooled down. This is because the sharp difference in temperature(between hot and cold) can damage the surface.
Precautions For General Use
Do not leave water on the surface for long periods of time. The most susceptible areas are those that are close to sinks.
• Do not use sharp objects to cut directly on the worktop surface. Instead, use other protective materials such as chopping boards.
• Do not place the surface outside or any where that may be exposed to high levels of ultraviolet
• Do not place any objects that give off heat, or that have been recently removed from the cooker, onto the surface. Use a trivet or table mat.
• Do not use water-repellents, sealants, polishes or similar products.
• Do not polish the surface.
• Do not place heavy objects that are unsuitable for worktop use on the surface.
• Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda or any products with a pH greater than 10. If you use bleach or solvents, you should rinse the surface with plenty of water. Never leave such products in permanent contact with the surface, as they may affect it after 12 hours. Avoid the use of any chlorine-based products and any contact with hydrofluoric acid.
• Do not use grease removers with a high mineral content, or very strong products containing50% solutions of hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide.
• Do not use any cleaning products that have a mineral content or that include microparticles in their composition.
• Do not use any scouring pads that may scratch the surface. Use a cleaning sponge.
• Examples of products that you must not use on Silestone and ECO Line Colour Series surfaces: paint strippers, oven-cleaning products, cleaning products containing methylene chloride, acids for unblocking plugholes or nail-polish removers containing acetone.
• If any of these products are spilled onto the surface, remove them as quickly as possible using plenty of water and neutral soap.
• The use of these types of products may result in the loss of the product warranty.
Not Recommended Products
Products such as solvent or acetone should not be used for cleaning worktops or slabs. Scouring pads should not be used. It is advisable to use microfibre cloth or wet paper.
Get Your Dekton Quote - Upload Your Plans
You can upload your plans, drawings, or measurements on our website and our team will be in contact with your quotation